Job ID: 234650763
5 - 10 years
Position: Application Analyst - CIS / Billing Systems (Solutions Analyst)
Department: Business Information Services / Information Technology department
Location: Energy Lane, Dover, DE
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. Chesapeake Utilities is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Application Analyst II - Customer Information & Billing System (CIS), call center technologies and supporting applications used in meter to cash process. Successful candidates will have a technical background and deep understanding of meter to cash process in utility billing systems, be detail driven, and have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
The right candidate will possess a strong applications background, will have demonstrated experience leading technical project teams, and be passionate.
This position is responsible for assisting in providing Customer Care Solutions that enhance the Customer Experience and positions the company for future growth and initiatives. Will assist the Solutions Team with the administration of Customer Care applications, analyzing processes and data, reporting, and documentation. This position will also work with application users, vendors, and all levels of management to proactively provide solutions while creating standardization within the organization when possible.
Qualified candidates will have prior experience in the Customer Information & Billing System (CIS), call center technologies and supporting applications used in meter to cash process. Successful candidates will have a technical background and deep understanding of meter to cash process in utility billing systems, be detail driven, and have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Assists Solutions Team with the administration of software applications utilized within Customer Care applications.
- Manage application lifecycle activities for the utilities CIS systems both regulated and non-regulated billing systems
- Work with regulatory teams on rate cases, taxes and assist them in PUC filings
- Manage Batch Processes and integrations with internal systems and external 3rd party systems.
- Liaise with Customer care leadership, functional leads and business partners to align system goals and strategy
- Responds to product application support questions. Own and manage major system incidents and events
- Responds proactively to both business and project issues and escalates appropriately.
- Analyzes problems with software applications and recommends corrective action.
- Recommends efficient, cost effective solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Provides advice and direction to internal and external customers to ensure that the corporate business requirements and standards are appropriately defined and that an enhancement or project is warranted and will maintain a centralized, standard approach.
- Coordinates and may lead cross-functional task forces to identify and document functional or reporting requirements, work flow, information sources and distribution paths, and system specifications.
- Develops Reports and/or works closely with report developers in cooperation with business users as well as obtains requirements, provides customer support and participates in end user training sessions as needed.
- Coordinate solutions to meet risk, compliance, information security, and privacy requirements.
- Independently performs complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development, and implement reporting systems to address solutions
- Maintains a solid knowledge base of the functional capabilities of the Customer Care applications and is a Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following areas: Customer Service, Billing, Accounting, Payments, Collections.
- Responsible for product quality, project timeliness, communicating statuses in a timely manner and enhancing the customer experienced.
- Collaborates with the Data warehouse team to ensure available data, and provides detailed requirements for any new development deemed necessary. Oversees the development of reports.
- Understands and provides data and reports in support of business initiatives and needs.
- Identifies and corrects reporting and data related problems; escalating as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values and:
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information to others.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and goals.
- Demonstrates analytical, problem solving, process improvement, and documentation skills.
- Demonstrates verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts and adapt to current environment.
- Possesses a strong technical aptitude to manage projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience in IT Applications Management and development experience including planning, design and implementation
- Ability to interface with internal clients and vendors to define and document requirements for custom developed or vendor software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- Minimum five-seven (5-7 years) experience in related systems development or implementation with 5+ years of CIS/Billing System experience with Gas/ Electric Utility
- Knowledge of and experience with Utility Customer Care & Billing, Meter data Management, Online Bill Payment (Kubra)
- Knowledge of Real-time interfaces of the Billing system with various internal and external 3rd party systems – Bill Print & Payment, Outage Management System, Work & Asset Management System, GIS etc
- Experienced with reporting tools like Tableau, Business Objects report development highly preferred.
- Experienced and skilled in querying from relational databases and be familiar with query tools (SQL, PL/SQL) highly preferred.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule and willing to travel.