Contract Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- MKD Electric
- Elgin, Illinois
Competitive Wages! Per Diem Pay! Overtime Available!
Short-term Contract - minimum of 1 month, 60 plus hours per week.
For over twenty years, we have designed, built, installed, and maintained our clients’ systems, projects, and facilities with a wide range of service offerings. We focus on safety, value, and quality as well as building and maintaining lasting relationships with a variety of clients in renewables, data centers, oil and gas, food and beverage, manufacturing, chemical, and pharmaceutical fields. Quickly moving into other industries, we are a fast-paced and agile company looking for a best in class Licensed Journeyman Electrician willing to roll up their sleeves and exude a passion for the field.
Do you have an Electrician License in the following state?
MKD Electric is seeking an experienced Licensed Journeyman Electrician to join our National Electrical Division who has a desire to advance their career within the industry. Our division is a well-established department with a record of service excellence and expertise in planning and coordinating installations on large scale projects. The position reports to one of our experienced Foremen or a Superintendent.
What you will do…
- Bend and install rigid and EMT conduit
- Set up and pull wire and cable
- Terminate power, control, and instrumentation wire and cable
- Install electrical gear, equipment, and devices
- Install and troubleshoot PLC's
- Install and troubleshoot AC and DC Drives
- Read/comprehend tape measure, blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, work orders, instructions, formulas, and processing charts
What you will need to succeed…
- Must have an active Minnesota Electrical License
- Must have knowledge of the NEC (National Electrical Code) and OSHA safety standards
- Proven experience in electrical field
- Knowledgeable of single and three phase motors and motor control systems
- Must be safety conscious
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook applications
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Availability to work Overtime Hours (this project has the flexibility for a substantial amount of overtime work
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred
- Experience in Parcel facilities such as Amazon, UPS, or FedEx is a plus
- Military experience is a plus
- Journeyman’s Certification through accredited program
The Physical demands described within are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from various heights via platforms, scaffolds, ladders, or man-lifts
- Operate, maintain, and work near various power equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, man-lifts, excavators, drills, saws, hydraulic tools, and automatic machinery
- Must be able to lift to 60 pounds independently; lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
- Requires standing for extended period with frequent stretching, reaching, walking, and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
MKD Electric is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. MKD Electric also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based upon any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job ID: 362508897